Table of Contents
For centuries, herbal tea remedies have been used by various cultures worldwide. Before modern medicine’s birth, herbal teas were used to cure illnesses and protect from diseases. For every country and every culture, there are recognized herbal teas. For every herbal tea, there are various remedies that you can get.
Unlike green and black tea, which are considered true teas (coming from the tea plant Camella Sinensis), herbal teas are beverages made from known herbal plants. It steers plant parts such as seeds, roots, flowers, and leaves in hot water or boiling water. In some, plant parts are processed first before steeping.
Among the common herbal teas are ginger, lemon balm, ginseng, chamomile, hibiscus, peppermint, fennel, and raspberry. Each has its own remedy to certain conditions.
Ginger Tea, Ginger Tisane
Ginger tea is commonly used as a relief for sore throat and coughing. Pregnant women also use it to relieve nausea during events of morning sickness.
Chamomile tea is used as a mild sedative, inducing sleep and relaxation.
It is also used to relieve stomach cramps and ease common cold symptoms.
Other herbal tisanes and their benefits
- Lemon balm tea is used to lift up the mood and relaxes the nerves. It has a refreshing scent that soothes the senses.
- Ginseng tea is famous in Southeast Asian countries such as China and is used as an energy booster. It is also a known immune system enhancer.
- Raspberry tea is a good source of vitamins and minerals. It improves uterine tone and induces labor in pregnant women.
- Fennel tea is used to relieve an upset stomach and stomach cramps. It is also used to relieve coughing and sore throat.
- Peppermint tea is known as an effective relief for fever. It gives the body a cooling effect as it induces sweating.
- Hibiscus tea is a good source of antioxidants. It is also a good immune system booster. If you want to know more about this tea and drinking hibiscus during pregnancy, just read at that link.
- Who needs a lot of pills when you have herbal teas? These natural teas do not only give you benefits for your health, it also gives you an overall feeling of well-being.